Friday, August 8, 2008

He is watching over us

by Lilia Michelle Rivera Martínez (Puerto Rico)

The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
-Psalm 34:7 (NRSV)


HAVING lived through two experiences that changed my life, I have learned that God's concern for my life is real.

Several years ago, on two separate occasions, I was attacked by an armed assailant. I never thought I would experience such traumatic and frightening events. However, prior to each attack, I sensed God's presence. Seconds before each attack, I heard the words of Psalm 34:7: "The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them." Afterward, I understood why God had brought to my mind those words.

Today, after many years, I also know that a Christian is not guaranteed a life free from unpleasant or ugly situations. But God cares for us and never abandons us. We can be secure in this hope.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger