Thursday, June 12, 2008

We left the most perfect home


When prices of goods increase but not my income, I begin to re-calculate my contribution to the church. Normally I will contribute around ten percent of my monthly income to the church in the form of tithes. But with the increase in cost of living, will God understand if my contribution is less than ten percent of my monthly income? For if I maintain the ten percent for God, I may face shortages in other area of my spending.

But then I realized that all the income that I get come from God. And it is more than sufficient to cater for my needs. I do not need to reduce my tithes but to adjust my spending here and there. To conserve fuel, it is useful not to make an unnecessary traveling for instance driving to a sundry shop which is only half kilometer from my house. Some part of my life could be change for good.

It will be tough in the beginning but God will help me to adjust to it. I know that I do not have to worry of anything. During this hard time, God hope is that we come to Him and ask for His help. Like the prodigal son who spent all his money and left with nothing, remembered that he would have never lack of anything while with his father. He came back to his father and apologized in regret of his action towards his father. His father accepted him happily, fed, clothed and loved him more than before.

So many of us have left the perfect home of our father. We might have ran out of our father's home, but he is hoping and waiting for us to come back. Once he sees us coming back, he will ask the whole household to celebrate our home-coming. He is waiting and waiting and waiting because he knows the world is tough on us and we cannot stand it without him...

No comments:

Powered By Blogger