Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Being with God


Yesterday I read the parable of the prodigal son. The story reminds us the forgiving character of God. It speaks about God never ending love upon us. When reading this story my focus will usually be on the prodigal son. Perhaps because of the title of the story. I will look at how the father have loved his prodigal son. But yesterday my attention was caught by the non-prodigal son which is the older son. The older son was the person who have been working hard for his father. He never disobeyed his father. He had been loyal to his father. He never even complained of anything. One day he returned home from their farm and saw a big fiesta was going on at their house. He was made to understand that his father was celebrating the return of his long gone son. He became resentful and frustrated upon hearing that. He was thinking of his father as being unfair to him. To him his father never appreciate his hard works, loyalty and obedience. Now he is complaining. But what did the father said? "You are always with me, all that is mine is yours". The father knows that his son has always been with him. He knows his son's hard work, loyalty and obedience..and he has already rewarded his son with all he has..This scenario always happen to me..at times I have the thinking that God being unfair to me..I worked real hard but at the end I did not see the reward. I put everything to do the best in my job, I did not go against the rule,I followed order and directive but at the end somebody else get the credit. I was complaining to God..but He says " I know what you have done, you are always there with me...whatever is mine is yours"...So, what else I want if I have whatever is God's. Perhaps I am expecting something big like a fiesta but God says I already have more than that. In fact, since I am with God I do not need to be celebrated for everyday is a celebration by itself. Since I am with God, He sees my hardwork, loyalty and obedience.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger