Tuesday, July 8, 2008

To Be More Than A Millionaire


I read this article from the World bible School Website and find it very encouraging. I want to share the blessings with you.


Have you ever watched one of the most popular television programs "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" .How is the game played? A person is chosen from the studio audience and is asked a series of questions. If he answers them correctly, he wins! The creators of the game not only want the each player to win and they help him win. This makes the game even more exciting!

If the player is not sure, the game show host suggests three options to help him find the correct answer:

1. He may ask the people in the audience and take a vote. (Many people simply choose the way of the crowd.)

2. He may eliminate two wrong answers. (Sometimes people randomly select an answer after eliminating the worst choices. This is a risky option.)

3. He may call a trusted friend on the Life Line. (Prior to playing the game, people carefully choose the person in whom they will place their trust and hope.)

Imagine you are chosen to play a similar game called, "Who Wants to Be More than a Millionaire?" The host of the game show asks you a simple spiritual question, "What must you do to be saved?" You think for a moment without answering, as you realize stakes of the game. You feel like you know the answer, but you are not 100% sure. Then you are reminded you have three options for help.

1. Will you choose to take a vote of the people around you and select the popular answer?

2. Will you choose to ask the host to eliminate two wrong answers and guess which remaining answer is correct?

3. Will you choose to ask a trusted friend on the Life Line? Will you choose a Friend who knows the correct answer because he wrote the answer book?


After reading the article, I put the question to myself. It was quite strange because I thought I know the answer but there was other side of me that whispering my answer might not be absolutely true. So I opted for my third Life Line which is to ask help from a trusted friend. The friend that I choose is Jesus because he knows what should I do to be saved.

What's your answer?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger