Monday, August 4, 2008

never too late for coming back

by John R. Adair (California, U.S.A.)

Paul wrote, "I do not claim that I have already succeeded or have already become perfect. I keep striving to win the prize for which Christ Jesus has already won me to himself."
-Philippians 3:12 (TEV)

FOR as long as I can remember, I have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ. As a young child, I attended church regularly.

During my teenage years, I stopped attending church. I began working weekends and after school to save money for college. My behavior changed, and much of what I said and did was not Christlike. I grew away from the church and from Christ.

After a number of years, I realized that I felt incomplete. It took me a while, but I finally figured out what had been missing in my life. It was Christ. But then I felt it was too late; I had done too much that was bad. I just did not feel "good enough" to come back to Christ.

But I started attending church again anyway, and realized that it was not too late. Jesus died on the cross so that we all could come back to him. Because of this great love, our past sins are forgiven. When we ask for forgiveness, God forgives us - not because we are good enough but because Jesus Christ is.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger