Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Lost Sheep

Read Luke 15:1-7

The Lord says, "I will come to you and save you."
-Jeremiah 30:11 (TEV)


AT one point in my life, my faith began to falter. I had abandoned my God and the strong faith I'd had since childhood. I was no longer wearing my cross, the symbol that constantly reminded me of Jesus' sacrifice. I had even removed all religious pictures from my walls. I'd had enough of religious dogma. I had not prayed for many days, and I felt lost. Eventually, when I could not bear my situation any longer, I turned to God for help.

I took the Bible from my bookshelf and held it in my hands, uttering desperately, "If there is a God, please help me. Maybe there is something you would like to tell me, Lord." Then I opened my Bible and read these words: "I am the Lord who created you; from the time you were born, I have helped you. Do not be afraid" (Isa. 44:2).

My eyes filled with tears. I clearly felt the strong presence of God's living Spirit coming that afternoon to guide me, a lost sheep.

Einar Ingvi Magnusson (Bratislava, Slovakia)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger