Thursday, April 2, 2009

Day made by the Lord

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
-Psalm 118:24 (NIV)


In the Bible we are told repeatedly to rejoice in our salvation and to praise God for the goodness of life. Not just once a month but every day, God takes pleasure in seeing us enjoying the world and the blessings in our lives. Even seemingly frivolous activities can become spiritual if we do them with gratitude in our hearts toward God.

Psalm 118:24 tells us to rejoice and be glad of the day that Lord has made. We are reminded that 'This is the day the Lord has made'. But how many times have we ever told our self about this?. I think for me, when I wake up every morning, I will pray to the Lord for the peaceful sleep and good rest that I have had for the night. I will pray for the Lord to take care of my live for the day. But I admit that I rarely rejoice for the day that Lord has made.

This verse of Psalm wants us to tell our self that 'this day' has made by the Lord. The day that made by the Lord will surely be a day full of blessings. He will definitely guard us throughout the day that He has made. That is why we should rejoice and be glad for the day because this is the day that made by the Lord. He made the day for us to enjoy.

So whenever we wake up in the morning, we must remember that 'this is the day the Lord has made....' so I will rejoice and be glad throughout the day because everything that I am going to experience today is because of what the Lord has made...and He has made this day a beautiful day.....

No comments:

Powered By Blogger