Friday, March 20, 2009

Letters from Christ

Read 2 Corinthians 3:2-4

You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
-2 Corinthians 3:3 (NIV)


I was thrilled to see the envelope with my name written in my friend's handwriting. I quickly ripped it open and unfolded the letter. As I read her greeting, I could hear her Texas accent and see her big smile. I could almost feel her embracing me in a tight hug as she asked how I'd been. She wrote, "Can you believe our sons are now freshmen in high school!" I feel a deep connection with her and shared her amazement at how quickly time goes by. Reading the letter from my friend was almost like being with her. I felt her presence through her words.

As believers, we are letters from Christ. The Holy Spirit has written a message indelibly on our hearts. God has a special message to share with the world, and God addresses each one of us as friend. As we interact with people every day, we reveal God to them on a personal level. We become a Spirit-sent letter that gives others opportunity to experience God's presence and love in a special way.

by Gretchen Casey (Maine, USA)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger