Friday, March 6, 2009

Our Living God!




Read Matthew 25:31-40

The Lord lives!
-2 Samuel 22:47 (NRSV)


MY former boss was hospitalized. I thought I should go and visit him because he had loved me as his own son. However, before learning of his illness, I had made plans for how I wanted to spend my long-awaited day off. Even though I knew that keeping to my plans would be selfish of me, I was torn about what to do.

On the day I was considering whether or not to go, we had a Bible study at church. While reading the Bible, my eyes were drawn to this passage: "The king will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food ... I was sick and you took care of me'" (Matt. 25:34-36). After this, I knew that it was God's will for me to visit my former boss.

He was delighted to see me. I sensed that he truly needed a visit from me and that God was pleased that I was by his side. At that moment, God seemed more alive to me than ever before. I saw that God appeals to us through the words of the Bible and that God works through us in the circumstances of our lives.

(by Yasuo Ogawa (Kagawa Prefecture, Japan))

No comments:

Powered By Blogger