Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Strong Again

Read Hebrews 3:12-14

Jesus said, "I have told you this so that you will have peace by being united to me. The world will make you suffer. But be brave! I have defeated the world!"
-John 16:33 (TEV)


AFTER 32 years of marriage, my husband wanted a divorce. I felt defeated, rejected, and unloved, wondering if I was even important to God anymore.

In this troubled time, my faith was crucial. I needed and wanted to stay in touch with God through reading scripture and praying. My friends and family encouraged me and reminded me how important I am to God -- so important that Jesus died for me. How much more important could I be? One of my friends even phoned me and read scripture to me. When I lay down at night, wiping away tears, I felt God's arms around me. I thanked God for caring and for giving me faithful Christian friends.

Isaiah 40:31 tells us that those who trust the Lord will become strong again. God has made me strong again and given me a desire to help others in their troubled times. Knowing that God would never betray me is my source of strength. No one will ever have a problem-free life. But faith in God and in our worth as beloved children of God will give us the hope and encouragement we need to remain strong and to witness to others for Christ.

by Debbie Gillis (South Carolina, USA)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger